Thursday, September 30, 2010

Summer fun....

Thought I would just do a post of some summer fun that our family had! Every year my father-in-law is in charge of our town's parade. It's called Loco Daze and runs about 1 full week in either the end of July or first part of August. Most MN towns have these days and they are so fun to get together! Friday we start off with the kiddie parade and the tractor pull. The kiddos love to try their luck with the tractor pull! Then on Saturday early morning we get out to start lining up the parade entrants which are around 120 entries! This year they held the first 5K run which I did so I wasn't able to help out until a bit later which was okay. The boys are getting old enough now where they want to sit and watch too so we get good seats early so we can have the best view. Saturday during the day they have bounce houses and games set up so the kids can have a blast! The past 2 years it has been quite warm however so we don't last all day! Then Saturday night the kids go with the grandparents and us adults enjoy an evening outdoor concert by a local band here in town! It's a fun event that we enjoy doing every summer! Can't wait for our kids to be old enough to run the parade! hahha

Here is Grant trying out the tractor pull, he did pretty well!


Dylan takes his turn as well!


Then my nephew Brady is up!


We had a wedding of a good friend of mine at the end of August that we went to! I have known Holly since I moved her 10 years ago and has been a great friend of mine. She was my personal attendant in my wedding actually! We had a great time and the kids love to dance as you can see!
Here is a family picture that actually turned out pretty well!



This group of girls are some the best friends anyone can ask for! Kara, Stef and Jeanette have all been good friends of mine for quite some time now and they get me through the rough spots when the hubby just can't figure us women out! hahah



I'm afraid of what this means! He's only 4 and Olivia (kara's daughter) just turned 4!~ Aren't they cute though! They were slow dancing together during one of the slow songs, cracked me up! Don't you love the flip collar too! haha! bringing back the 80's! it was an 80's song playing as well!


All the kiddos were given this Flarp stuff which I had not heard of but the kids LOVED it! They found many things to do with it to keep them occupied during the festivities! If you pushed it back into the container it would make a sound like you were passing gas. Of course my son had to do it during the dinner prayer!
Grant found that if you put a drink straw in it and blew through it, look at what it can do! They all had to see just how big they could blow them up!



Dylan had to get in on the action too of course!


Me with Dylan and my niece Samantha! Isn't she a doll!



These are just some of the highlights from summer! There are many more, but I'm afraid with how far behind I am in blogging already, I may never get them posted! So I just gave you a glimpse of what summer was for us! Hope you all enjoyed it as now fall has begun! ugh... Until next summer...